Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday - dec. 30

Well the plan for the day was to work...then run to st.George with kev and get ideas and possibly a date....away from kids......then check on the house and go to the hotel and slip slowly into madness........

Instead I woke at 3 am to tinkle and noticed Tara was not in the room....so I began texting kev, tan, and Tara in the other room to see if she was there.....no answer. So I got up and as I got almost shoes....kev texted she was fine and with them. Well I was up and my brain was running so I blogged and did some bills...ate breakfast and got a call from our housing to go to thenfront desk, get the fax, sign the lease, and fax it back....did it but noticed the deposit amount was wrong...called her...fixed it....signed it..and faxed it! That rental is ours on Monday!

Went to work....rocked it...

But of course, when I was done their was four voicemail calls to return. A lady asking if we need her rental....thanks a lot lady, could have used you last week! A sun city lady wondering if the cricut she lent me was ok....well she was concerned sbout me too......the r.s. Pres. wondering how I was doing.....and the orthodontist telling me I owe $216 for Taners retainer.

Joy and rapture...made the calls and headed to the house. The work crew was leaving when I got there and these Tongan boy's Hair was white....(I thought, hmmmm that's weird) so I entered and wow....now I get it...the air throughout the house was white and powdery....they have been tearing out tile. That also explains the dirty snarling look they gave me. We did a little sledge hammering ourselves and decided that was for the young strong ones so we bolted. Kev and I headed to st George and first stop....drop off piano bench to piano gallery because they have my piano and need to fix the bench too. Maybe it's me but I didn't get warm Fuzzies when I drove up and the sign was off the building and the windows were painted with STORE CLOSING! My piano wasn't there....it is with the piano mechanic Stan......this is getting better and better.....but alas the guy inside turned out to be from tim's ward! Also in the Polynesian choir that sang at jordans homecoming....whew it felt good to know someone. He assured me all is well and we left.

After checking the clearance of boulevard home furnishings showroom we decided we would get better quality from d.I. So we went to the cabinet guys showroom. The heavens opened and we not only saw what we want on display but we actually agreed.....freaky huh? Walnut cabinets with a black glaze to make them look distressed and a granite with tons of noisy specks of black, dark brown, tans creams and I can't even remember......all I know is I learned a lot today and I am so glad I went......

We paid a visit to boulevards main warehouse in hurricane and actually found two very decent matching dressers for Kate and talia that had been repossessed and we talked her down to a great price! Wrap them, pack them, and run away! Then problems arose when I walked by the clearance appliances.....a fridge with the freezer drawer pull out on the bottom and the French doors fridge on top.....a $2700 fridge for $1600....putnit in hold......waiting for insurance money so we shall see......ran to lowes to price match and yep it was a steal! Saw a $1200 dishwasher on clearance dfor $800....then guy said it has been sitting there a while and if we call and talk to the manager he may go down.....I will make that call on Monday. I know I need a really really good dishwasher more than I need a new fridge but $800? .....ouch! We shall see......

So weird thing....right? We flood, work our tails off, deal with major losses, depression, Christmas, new years, hotel life, people feeding us because we went broke on eating out, one disappointment after another and next thing you know I'm shopping like a mad woman! Well I am an eyring thru and thru and we are as cheep as theycome so the buyers remorse has already set in and the guilt and fear.......humbled myself by stopping by the house before going to hotel....doesn't even feel like home anymore. Feels really really weird.

They got the tile up from the kids' bathrooom.....oh dang....grab a Petrie dish and make me a science project! Not cool.....really really want to go buy a bottle of clorox ands dump it in there. Wendy kept my kids and fed them and I thank her so much for it! My kids are loving running from hotel room to hotel room.....room 233 to room 230 .....I wonder if the rooms in between notice? This is the most fun they have had there whole spring break........bring on the complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment