Has it really been that long since I posted last. Darn it, and this was going to be my journaling. I guess I'm gonna have to catch up. I got on here today because I have had a big event happen in my life and I want to blog daily about it so I can look back later and see all the things I've been thru and be grateful. So here we go:
Its Christmas time which is always intersting.....waiting for the kids to be out of school, planning and preparing for christmas and the new year, thinking about what to make for everyone, and our upcoming life. For instance, our kids are getting bigger so the Fisher Price toys dont cut it anymore....well I guess for Kate it would. But Tara is going to college soon and Taner is in high school so our thoughts have turned to NEEDS rather than WANTS. Tara NEEDS money and all Taner WANTS is money.....Talia, well, she's turning 12 but still wants Lalaloopsy......
Santa did bring us a new teacup yorkie Dec 10th so that has been exciting for us BUT Long story short, we didnt get pd. till the 24th so we havent done any shopping which oddly enough turned out to be a blessing.
The weekend of the 18th we went to Mesa to see a nephew come home from his mission and let the kids have a few days with the Mesa cousins. WE love it there and its always hard to come home. So of course we waited till the last minute to come home Tuesday Dec. 20th. We went to St. George to pick up our puppy before we came home to Mesquite and when we drove up in the driveway we immediately knew, something was wrong. There was a big puddle in the driveway and that doesnt happen unless there is a leak.........we jumped out of the car and ran to the door. Water was coming out of the seams of the walls and the front door out on the sidewalk and we knew we had trouble.
Our worst fears were confirmed as we opened the front door and stepped into 2 to 3 inches of water. We could hear water running but were sure from where. It was "raining" from the sheetrock on the ceiling so we knew it was upstairs. I ran up the stairs and the kids' bathroom was spraying water everywhere. After I got through the spray I found the hose behind the toilet was the culprit and reached down and turned the main supply for the toilet off. For a second I just stood there.....I could hear everyone freaking out and yelling and I just stood there in shock or denial or wahtever.
And then the mayhem began........
No comments:
Post a Comment