Tuesday - December 27th
Must get a run in today, must, must, must. So off I went, well first i went to the house of course, one more load of laundry, then button up the washer, unlock the house for the crew, and leave a note as to my whereabouts, and well ya know.......its like when a woman says she is going to bed, 10 things get done on the way! And off I went!
I got 2 miles out and my phone wrang and it was the call I've been waiting for - HOUSING! So I had Tara come get me, maybe I got 3 miles in.....I doubt it. Went and saw two houses. One is empty and ready now, the other will be empty and ready in two more days. UGH! Of course we want the one that isnt ready yet, it has 4 bedrooms and a great back yard. The other only has 3 bedrooms and the whole back yard is a pool - no fence. Not gonna work with KAte. Sooooo - 3 more nights of hotel, we can do this......... off to the house.
Yep as I suspected, the gutting crew was there, turns out it is 5 tongan guys from the Pine View Football team. We walked in and started hauling sheet rock out to the dumpster, insulation, you name it. And they let us rip some walls down. We got all the ceilings pulled down and my kids started disappearing. I ordered pizza knowing that no matter how much I ordered it wouldnt be enough but I hadnt planned a budget for feeding workers so they got some bella pizza and were happy. I sent my kids off to get the puppy and I continued to make phone calls and ocassionally gut more of the house, or haul off a thing or two. We filled the huge diesel sized dumpster before lunch so as it got delivered again, we filled it up again. All cabinets out and all walls had to go. I got a bit emotional when I gutted the kitchen walls because I could hear the guys in the laundry room trying to get out the tile counter top that Keven and I had built, they were cussing that counter and I was like, HEY! We built that counter from scratch! But I just took it out on the wall, everything was so wet, it was easy to pull down.
Finally the sun went down and we couldnt work anymore! How do guys use hammers all day? My hands hurt all the way up my arms. Keven showed up and we discussed the possibilities and changes we would LIKE to make.... and then we headed to the hotel.
Dinner? Jack in the box and a hot shower!
Blessing of the day: Friends of mine from Sun City found me. They drove around in my neighborhood until they found the house with the big dumpster.....not cool. Anyway - they are making us dinner Thursday night and i am so excited. These guys are in charge of the fine dining club at Sun City so I cant wait! They could cook mac and cheese and make it taste gourmet at this point!
Im drawing a blank for a scripture today, maybe I;m just so tired I cant think. I'll try again tomorrow. May the giggling after the lights go out, be pleasant and minimal......nighty night
No comments:
Post a Comment