Woke up, sore, and still tired. Got dressed and went to the house. Figuring my kids would know where we were and my teenager would figure out that she needed to get kids up and dressed and fed for the day. Later found out that she spent most of the day on the neighbors couch with fever and chills, and cramps and the flu. Really? Is this really happening? I forgot to mention that our puppy got kind of pawned off on the Tait family and they have fallen in love with him and we will probably have to pry him from their fingers when this is all over, which makes me so sad that I am missing his puppy days and he loves them back but ever so grateful that that all worked out.
Went to the house by 8am and started with a bright light at the end of the tunnel. The cabinet guy was there and he basically told me that my cabinets were the best ever all the way down to the hinges which were at least $50 each and I could basically come to his showroom and pick whatever I wanted! I felt like I won on a gameshow for a few minutes. Got to make some changes that I've always wanted to change and that was kinda fun.
then I remembered that the week before I told a Sun City friend that I would help her brother move into his home so I gather my son, daughter, and Lane Tait and off we went. It took us over 2 hours to unpack the uhaul and I was more sore and tired after all that, then everything else. But it felt good to server. You should have seen "ryan" laughing when I told him I would be back in a couple hours, because I had to go help someone move. He was like "are you serious?" "do they have any idea what your going thru?" "I said, nope, see ya in a couple hours"
Grabbed some lunch at our loved Bella Pizza and then reality hit when "linda" said, hey can you come here please......and walked me out to the "wet" storage pod and showed me basically every piece of furniture that I owned was wet and gonna be put in the dumpster. Dont get me wrong......I am D.i's biggest buyer and I'm proud of it, our beds are from D.I. but our couches arent. They were new about a year and 1/2 ago but started falling apart. We called the company but they were out of business so we have hated those couches all along, not to heart broken there. But my mothers couch, and heirloom dresser and MY TREADMILLL! NO!!!!! She assured me it would all be replaced and in the back of my head I'm like - yeah right - I know how this works - I get a prorated price of what they determine the value to be which basically means I gotta buy a new treadmill with 1/2 the money. she said that my ins. company is really good to work with so dont worry about it.......I'll have to keep you posted in the end about all that, but anyway.......on the spotlight part of that - my mothers very expensive victorian furniture did not get a drop on it! An angel got very wet helping us out there!
So as the crew finished up the downstairs packing and i tryed to sort thru all the "stuff" like wet backpacks, and shoes, and clothes, and stereo's, and wii, and dvd';s, and all of it has to be written down, and itemized, and basically I have a 60 hour a week job for the next 2 months cut out for me.....not cool at all. And the laundry? Ew! Stinky rotten water laundry, coming out my ears but yet another bright spot!!! My new washer and dryer are fine and getting their workout!
Stayed the night at virgin river, not impressed, but so tired and stiff and sore and dealing with sick kids, that are tired too. We didnt care. We took hot showers and slept hard.
I know I'm forgetting tons of stuff. Like how many phone calls and careing and concerned people are. Once again, we are very humbled, and proud to have such great nieghbors, ward members, family, and a caring crew, and a great ins. company. Still looking for a rental, no one will do the short term. But hoping to sweet talk someone soon.
So basically its all trashed, fine, I'm over it. Today, the crew packed out my whole upstairs, boxed up my whole downstairs and we made arrangemnets for hotel and started making calls on renting a home for 4 months. Lesson learned here: If I would have gotten the ball rolling on this sooner, I could have gotten us into a house by the time Christmas came but not only was I not even aware that Christmas was sneaking up on us but I wasnt aware of the time frame we would be out, or the fact that insurance was getting us a rental.
So - by thurs. night we
No comments:
Post a Comment