Yes! Bring on the new year.......
We finally got a place to live, love and spread out. Its a 4 bedroom home on the 18th whole of the golf course but I'm not complaining. So nice to have a kitchen, a couch, a bathroom, and food in the fridge. And we have our puppy too! He's been a little stinker adjusting to us again but he is getting better all the time. Likes to snuggle at night......good grief! Last I wrote was Friday I think....can't even remember the weekend....spent new years eve hanging out with friends and talking then back to hotel. Sunday church at 10 am...yay! And the last night at the hotel.
Monday was move day. Everyone cleaned out the hotel room while I went to work. Then wendy fed us lunch and we moved beds and couch to rental. Wendy came and unpacked my kitchen stuff while I buzzed around and ran here and there. A few minor things like sheets, blankets, silverware, and backpacks had to be dug out about 9pm but we got somewhat settled.
Today I ran to the wrecked house and loaded my car with what foods I could, bedding and clothing bags, and later went. Back with sue and kids so they could see it. Since the ins. Adjuster came and told them to pull the tile out they haven't been too happy. Sooooo glad they did because in the kids' bathroom it was black boards all under the tub. They had the tub out and were prying off all the boards. Soo glad they found that and took it out.
Waiting on bids from contractors and info from ins. On allowable amounts. I spent the first week working my tail off right beside the workers and now I'm finding it hard to find the time to be there, plus, I just don't want to be. Its creepy. Anyway......just like grandma lamb says. This too shall pass.
bless you... a flood at Christmas? i'm so so sorry.
ReplyDelete