So its Tuesday Dec. 20th about 4pm and we started trying to get the water out. Scooping, sweeping, mopping and nothing was working. I told Keven to stop and call the insurance company, they were still open and took care of us right away. They called a company but they were busy at other jobs in Panquitch and Kanab and said they were pulling guys from there but it would be a few hours. They sent a guy that came and started sucking water up with his big machine but as the night rolled on we realized that wasnt gonna cut it. I pulled open my drawer in my kitchen and it was completly full, so was the next, and the next, and the next. Even the pans in the bottom cupboard were full of water. The ceiling was starting to fall and he looked at me and stepped out and made a phone call. I caught some of the conversation....something like "worse than we thought" and "your gonna need more guys than that" and "nope its a complete demo". So I realized, we were gonna have to leave for a while. I facebooked that my house flooded and if anyone had any boxes I would love them. Pretty soon like 5 ladies showed up with boxes and tape and started boxing up my kitchen. I was in shock, love, humiliation, I dont know. Anyway - i sent my kids and the puppy next door and got to work. Pretty soon, a crew showed up and kicked everyone out and basically spent the night ripping out all possible flooring. About 10:30 we decided that was all we could do for the night and we slept at the neighbors with the kids.
Note to self: Thank Tim & Sue for coming from St. George and taking pictures like crazy and helping me "think". They told me to pack for 3 months. Get what you need for work, etc. for 3 months. Well I thought I did that but now we dont have retainers, contacts, razors, and basics like advil & toilet paper. Also, thank all those women that came in the night and helped. And all the ward members that hurried home from stake temple night to rescue me. And thank the Tait family for willingly adopting our puppy.
No comments:
Post a Comment