Friday, December 23, 2011

Flood - Day 4

Friday - December 23rd

Happy Birthday Talia!

Got up early, dressed warm and jogged a whole big bag mile to the house. Havent run in days, feel like a big fat slug and have gained 5 pounds. Lets not even go there! That is a whole different blog!

Opened the house for the crew, started doing more laundry, and going thru wet papers. Found all the birth certificates, lets play music books, and a bunch more....started them out drying and gathered more things that I know I will need once we get the rental which we are hopeing will happen today. Looks like a 3 bedroom in Shadow Hawk or a 4 bedroom in Falcon Glenn. just waiting for the ok about the 4 month lease. Asked to be switched out of Virgin River but it was tooo late for tonight but got a great rate from an awesome friend at Budget it for the Family suite so we can feel more together for Christmas since it looks like we wont be ina house until next week.

Left the crew to do their thing while we took Talia to a movie for her birthday. Dont see "We bought a zoo" if you are immotionally unstable. It was awesome but I bawled the whole time. then went and got our puppy for a while, he's soo cute, we miss him! Back to the house, sore, tired, lost my voice completely, tara continues to get fever and chills if she doesnt stay dosed up, Kately has a bbelly ache all the time. Talia's bday and she smashed her ankle somehow and has a big bruise. All Taner wants to do is drive since he has his permit. So we sent the kids to the Taits to hang out and give us a minute at the house with out any kids. Finished up with the crew, house is empty, fans and de-humidifiers going like crazy, Everything is out but the fridge's and the washer dryer and when the holiday is over they will be back to demolish the lower floor. The piano is being picked up by the piano gallery to see how bad the damage is and to see if it is fixable. The fatigue is setting in pretty severly and we dont really even care about much right now but..... What's next? I dont know.....keep doing laundry, find a place to live, and get my shoes on and run till the pavement ends! We couldnt handle the Virgin River tonight so we are at a friends house. He is out of town and gave us free rein and we are loving it! The kids have wii and guitar hero, and we have a table for kate to do playdough, and chairs to sit it, and a fridge for the milk, and showers, and I got to shave!!!! yay!!! and beds, and I cannot beleive how much I have taken for granted. But dang all the Christmas goodies, dang, dang, dang. I might actually have to re-join Weight Watchers for the new year! Gotta get a handle on it, gotta focus! gotta get back to work!

So on this wonderful friday night, we sit here as a family, just chillin! Dont take it for granted people. Thanks to Heather Walters for bringing us dinner and to Overton Power for depositing Keven's check early so I could go buy all those things I cant find.

Tomorrow? Saturday - gotta get some miles on my legs, take the Kids to St. George because cousins have a party planned for Talia, also a Hansen Christmas Even party, and then back here to sleep because ITS OUR LAST TIME FOR 8AM CHURCH! Now that is something to party about! I love the gospel and the teachings of it, and my Savior for all he has done for me but I have hated every single sunday of 8am church. I'm only human. We didnt miss a sunday but we were not on time once either.

That being said, good night, and may tomorrow be a beautiful Christmas Eve for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment