Sunday, January 15, 2012

Life is much better now.....

I can't believe I haven't posted anything in so many weeks. So much has happened. We are settled into the rental home...well, box springs and mattress on the floor and clothes on the floor but we have some dressers, rugs, and a pot to boil noodles so we are good. We have even had a few get togethers and it is nice to have a home to be able to have people over. This house is huge, open, all tile and wood in bedrooms, ten foot ceilings and best of all....all one level! Stairs are not awesome I have decided. But as we settle into real life with school started and no carpool, different bus stops, having to drive a lot farther to schools (Elem. Is 2 miles and h.s. Is 3 miles).....we are busy as ever...we have been helping gutt the house, chipping out concrete, meeting with contractors, going thru bags and bags of clothing and things from the storage container, and trying to find all those things we need.

We are waiting for the ins. Co. To come up with a total on what they think should cost to rebuild which I can already tell won't be enough money.....as soon as that happens we hire the contractor that can afford to do it for that amount and we start rebuilding. So by next week we will be in construction mode. Right now we are trying to get all the changes done that we want to do so we can turn the house over to the contractor.....thus the chipping out of the concrete in the laundry room. A new slab is being poured from the laundry room to the back patio to add on a storage/exercise room and a food storage room, which you will be proud to know I have sacrificed 2 feet of my awesome laundry room for.

The problems only arise when I tell keven he can't put a wall somewhere or when he tries to tell me I can't have those cabinets. Let's see if i can submit a pict here........

1 comment: