Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Triathalon Fun!
Well, Saturdays Triathalon came and went and even though I had butterflies before it, and was all worried about what time I would get .... When it was done I was just glad it was done and when I got the air back in my lungs I realized that I had gained a whole new level of understanding of what I am capable of. The 400meter swim was weird. 2 people shared a lane and the water was deep so as I got closer to the wall I couldnt tell by the lines at the bottom of the pool exactly where my flip turn should happen but I nailed them all and had a crowd watching at one end, that was cool. After about the 4th time I bumped (slapped) hands while passing the other dude in my lane I got pissed and just finished it. At lap 7 I asked the kid if he was counting or if I was, he said he was, and I said that was 14 right? He said, no, you have 2 more, so I was mad and burned out lap 8 thinking he was gong to make me go 2 more laps!! To my surprise, I was actually done and he called me to get out, yay me!!! I was off and running for my bike. Now, interesting as it may seem, it was 50 degrees out there, the sun was shining and I felt great so I just slipped on my racing flats, no socks, and my helmet, and headed out! The 10 mile bike was actually pretty fun. I started out getting passed and caught him and said, what do you think your doing, I know you can take me out but bring it pal, and passed him.... Then he passed me and said, you pass me on the downhills, I'll pass you on the uphills..... And when the up hill hit, I let him go but I stayed with him throughout and that was kinda fun, that bike can freaking fly - wow! I got off the bike when done and realized I had stumps for feet. No seriously, it felt like I was running on pirate peg legs, I couldnt feel any part of my feet up past my ankles! Oh Duh - its cold out here and I went from the pool to 20 mph for 36 min I guess that will happen. It took a mile or so to feel my feet again, and I dont have socks on so now I'm feeling the blisters so I just turned my music up and blasted out the last 2 miles. That was my slowest 5K ever but oh well. I finished the whole thing in 1hr 17min and got 1st in my age division 35-39 Women. So now the goal for next year is to beat the girl that won overall, she got 1:07, hmmmm..... Swim faster, transition faster, bike faster, transition faster, and run faster and I should be able to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you rock, no doubt.
ReplyDelete