Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Supporters Galore!



















Pict #1 Here I am about mile 8, greeters and supporters, running with me and cheering me on.




Pict #2 Then again about mile 23, pretty worn down, but happy to see my supporters once again.



Did I mention that Tim saved me on my last turn, my body was done and my brain was checked out, I was the frog in the pot that boiled without even realizing it, I was a gonner. Then Tim came at me hollering and screaming and poured water on me and I came to life and was able to finish.




As I looked at the clock it was all I could do to not break down into the fetal position and bawl my eyes out. Where did the time go? I knew about 1/2 way that my goal of 4 hours was not achievable and I kind of gave up then, but I talked myself through the last half, pushing hard, telling myself I could still get 4:05 or even 4:10 but to see my watch say 4:14 was a slap in the face. I know most people dont understand that and I did better than all my girlfriends and all the people who didnt even run, but for me, it was a lesson learned. Last time I ran the marathon I said, "Never again..." It took me 2 years to get the courage to do it again.... this year.... I'm mad.... I'm not only planning on doing it next year, I 'm going to get 4 hours even if I have to go home in an amublance.




Sorry Supporters! Your not off the hook yet!


Better yet, the Tuscon Marathon Dec. 12th is looking pretty good!





1 comment: