
Well here we are, the end of the summer and the beginning of the school year. We end the summer with Kates last dance class, arent they adorable? And we start the school year with AN EXCHANGE STUDENT FROM GERMANY! Willkommen nach Amerika Sandra Stellmacher! This pict is of Tara and Talia right after Sandra came off the plane at the LV airport. Its late at night and 5am her time and she had been in airports for over 24 hours because of plane problems and switching flights around, so she was pretty tired. But anyway - we are excited to have her here and we hope that we dont teach her to many BAD things about Americans..... I warned her that we dont watch football, or baseball and thats the American sports, so if she wanted that experience she's in the wrong family. She's not sportsy so she really has no clue what I was talking about. She has good english but she cant understand us, we talk to fast. When I slow down to talk to her I talk really loud and have to remind myself she isnt deaf!! She often says, "i dont understand." and we explain it a few more times. When I asked her how her flight was, she used charades and made sounds to explain it. We just laughed. The language barrier thing is very interesting. Well, thats all for today.... Toodles!
Awwww, that little Kate. Love her! Sandra looks totally nice and she's really cute. You guys are the best family.
ReplyDeleteGood girl to keep your blog going!
She's a doll. Best of luck with school.
ReplyDelete