
Well, School is almost out, thank heaven! Anyone need a 14 year old boy to work on the farm this summer? (I'm serious) He's already bored and schools not even out....for this purpose I desire to go to sleep and wake up in the next school year.
On a positive note, here's a little update about the kids.... Tara is doing awesome. She was indicted into the National Jr. Honor Society, made drill team, and is still going to do Golf. She wont be doing student council next year but her "friend" is the Student Body Pres. so I'm guessing every free second will still be used to help in that capacity. We are looking forward to summer with her where she can work and make some money in between all her CAMPS she has to go to.... EFY is June 6th for a Week, Youth Conference, Girls Camp, Drill Team Camp and hey bubba - is there a Golf Camp? I figure if I do all her chores& laundry, and have meals ready as she buzzes through the door, it should be a successful summer for her. (where did my babysitter and helper go?)
Taner is a great kid, he really is, but bored boys are not fun to have around so my idea of keeping him busy is to have him baby sit , do dishes, and laundry because Tara is gone, and that just aint cool man! But he is the rank of Eagle now and is working on his eagle packet and has an eagle project in mind, so that should consume some time this summer and hopefully when Jordan comes home from his mission we will have a homecoming and Court of Honor thingy for everyone to come to! Grades? Well, we wont go there. Do they have mechanics scholarships? He says the reason me and him dont communicate well is because I dont speak Truck.
Talia is doing great! She is going to really miss school and will be counting down the days until summer break is over. I have her doing swim team and she isnt very happy about it but you can only sit home and do craft books, read, and write in your journal so much, got to get out to keep the booty small you know what I mean? She is turning out to be really really good with kids, quite the little mother hen, and she would like to live with Chelsey and Marcus and babysit madison every minute. Always asking to go over there.
Kately is, dare I say it, mini me. She cant sit still for a min. In church she is quiet but must be flailing her arms about and moving up and down, Sunday was very hard this week. She is going to be the P.E. teachers favorite student when she starts school next year and she and Talia were doing math this morning and she was getting it all right. I hope those K. Teachers know what to do with her. ON the paper that said to write anything you needed to tell the teachers, I put, "Good Luck keeping her busy, she'll be done first on everything I assure you. Call me if she bites anyone."
Keven is doing great, he has lost 25 lbs so he is feeling good. Work is crazy busy for him and with summer camps and things, he'll be in and out all summer.
I got in for the St. George 2010 Marathon so between girls camp director, and kids, and putting in more miles on the road, I'm looking forward to spending time at home with the kids this summer doing projects, hitting the park, swimming a bit here and there, and cleaning those nooks and crannys of my house. It's weird to think that my BABY is going to go to school and I am tempted to get my sub license back so that I can be a substitute teacher again but I am still teaching the aerobics classes at Sun City and doing some Weight Watchers classes so I really am just looking forward to all the kids being in school so that I can accomplish those tasks that I have shoved into the corner for years and years so I could get the kids to this point. Give me a couple months and I'm sure I'll be working lots of hours, money talks ya know! Or I'll end up being PTO pres or something. Arg - I swore I would never do that!
Well, I better go get moving today, I'll update more as I can. Thanks for reading.
So funny!
ReplyDeleteYou don't speak truck huh? Love that.
And I love what you wrote on K's paper. That will be exactly what I write on Eden's papers next year.
Awesome update.