Friday, May 28, 2010

Moments to Remember







Well every year the Elementary school holds a Triathalon and in 3rd grade Talia came in as one of the top 10 (the coveted top 10) So its a big deal but as these kids get older they seriously grow a lot and it becomes quite apparent who the sportsy ones are and who the musically talented are, and who the smart ones are, etc. etc. Talia, not so sportsy anymore. And every year I tell myself I am going to train her for the triathalon and even put it in my calendar in Feb. to start training her. Yeah well, we ran a little here and there and pretty much, it didnt happen. So the morning of the tri she was jogging up and down the stairs and totally stoked, and I was like, uh, you can quit doing that, you cant train the morning of the race. I told her if she would just beat the neighbor girl, I would be happy. Promised her one of those new caprisun bags and everything! Well, she did it and she actually got in the top 20, thank heaven for all those fat kids that were easy to beat. I was totally screaming at her in the end, "she's right behind you, she's gonna catch you!" The neighbors were cracking up. What can I say, next year, we will actually train for it.




1 comment:

  1. Oh I can hear you screaming from the sidelines!

    Good job Talia!

    ReplyDelete