Well, today was the day! Kindergarten starts in 4 months for Kate and it was time to get her immunizations....... I told her we were going to the dr. to get shots and she was fine with it, we talked about ice cream and all the fun things she would get and we got to the dr. she found fun books and things but she was a little nervous. The dr. himself was fun and had her jumping on one foot, checking her ears, and had her cover one eye and such. When the time came for the shots, I started to distract her and cover her eyes. After the first shot (she had to get 4 in her thighs) (and there aint much there), she tensed up and screamed a shreek of anger and hatred that could be heard for miles and miles. The nurse said, "oh she needs to relax....." And I'm thinking, "Lady, your lucky I'm keeping my cool for my kid or you wouldnt have a tongue to talk with!" But anyway - she managed to get the rest of the 3 needles into those tensed up muscles and when she was done I held Kate and stroked her sweaty forehead, and watched her turn pale. A few sips of water, a sticker, a sucker and lots of promises later, she recovered and we left. She gave that nurse some pretty crusty looks on the way out and I was chuckleing inside. She was good about rubbing and rubbing her legs for a while. We got icecream from Golden Spoon, macncheese from Applebee's and even a ring pop at the target check out. On the way home from St. George to Mesquite she fell asleep. I had given her tylenol before we even went to the dr. but when she woke up her stiff and soreness was obvious. Advil isnt helping and she can barely walk. She allowed me to slowly and tenderly get her pants down to get the picture but its' going to be a fun couple of days...... no gymnastics tommorrow for her..... I wonder if she'll ever let me take her back to that same dr. again?
No comments:
Post a Comment