Now for a quick update. So much has happend. Ins. came up with a total of $83,000 and cut us a check for 60%, we get the other 40% after the sheetrock is done. The checks are written to Keven and I AND Wells Fargo Bank. We had to file all kinds of docs, contractor bids, and call every day and Wells Fargo will only give increments at a time of the money. So we cut the contractor loose in hopes that Some money would be there soon. It took almost 2 months to get it after calling everyday, getting a check written to the wrong person, and resubmitting for a new check, but we got the first $20,000. They give the next $20,000 when you are 50% done so by the time we got the first $20,000 we were already there. Called, got the 50% inspection, called every day and finally got the second amount of $$. Its like I'm on the opposite end of debt collecting! Anyway - we are doing great now, cabinets are in, paint is done, shelving is looking awesome, wait till you see my paint!!!! FREAKING AWESOME! Anyway - its sooooo nice to go to the house, see things done and not have been the one to do it, dont get me wrong we got plenty to do on our own but, hiring out is totally the way to go.
The kids? Wow its been interesting. I never see Tara.....she gets Taner up and to school every morning and gets home at 7pm after play practice, diving & swim team practice, and now she starts her first job at Dominos - tomorrow!
Taner is sliding by under the radar as usual. Loving the fact that we are tooo busy to discipline him for his bad grades and tardies, but hating the fact that we wont let him drive until he has his eagle. He has all the merit badges done and only has his project and his packet to do.....have mercy. I actually really really need him to drive because my Tara is leaving me and I dont want to run him everywhere but I cant budge on the eagle thing.
Talia is growing up. She needs a mommy at this point in her life to care about all those little projects and watch her at soccer practice and just give her the time of day but unless that is at 10pm everyday, it aint happening right now. I'm pretty good, but she just needs more that I have to give right now. I love her to peices because she is so independant and she completes all her assignments and does everything she is suppose to do (besides clean up after herself) I have certain windows of time where I can run kids around or be "mother of the year" for them and she moves very very slow and often gets me late so she gets hollered at for that and she told Keven she is scared to ask me for a ride..... isnt that sad? its a shame that all the good things I do as a mom dont over ride the bad..... So Im working on using my last ounce of patience and energy on my kids, and taking out my frustration on my fitness classes......
KAtely - oh my little Kately - well, she may have to repeat 1st grade, or not, we shall see. She is getting extra help at school because she may be dyslexic....she is great in math but cant read or spell. We battled the fact that now she has to ride the bus, did the sticker chart and reward for everytime she rode it, now if I try to pick her up at school she kicks and screams at school because she wants to ride the bus home. I have to do a reward chart for when she doesnt ride the bus, how twisted is that? She is so adorable and fun and I feel like she is slipping thru my fingers......But hey, she is on the sprint relay team for school so its off to the races for us next week!
Kev and I are actually getting along. Since he agreed that I was right about the paint and actually loves it, ha ha. But anyway - we estimate that we will be back in our house by the end of next month. I'm scared to death and excited at the same time. Now that I 've been living on so little, I kinda feel like I dont need anything in that trailer and I'm scared to death to unpack it. But when I go thru it I'm like, "Oh there that is!"
Anyway - All is great for us, we are tired and have sandpaper hands from actual manual labor but we are healthy and happy. If we get really lucky we will have an Eagle Court of Honor for Taner the Same weekend as Tara's graduation but we shall see.
Thanks for all your love and support - and thanks to Wendy for all the food, babysitting, and muscles she has lent us......
No comments:
Post a Comment