.jpg)
So since no one ever reads my blog anyway - I guess I kinda gave up on it. But the thing is..... Where did the summer go? I know its only Aug 1 but in 4 days we go on Family Vacation to Yosemite Nat'l Park and then we have this and that, then I go to San Diego and then school starts.... It's so wrong! Basically my kids have spent summer mornings babysitting and cleaning while I do my aerobics job, and weight watchers job, then we cleaned more, went to the river, or splash pad, or layed around, went swimming occasionally, and endured some absolutley miserable golf tournaments. Remind me to sign them up for swim team next year! In June Keven and I had the Watach Back Relay Race on our minds so there was a lot of running going on. Then there was scout camp, girls camp, and then Tara went to EFY so the younger kids had to take on babysitting responsibilites. We also went to Mesa for a missionary homecoming, and then Tara left again for her Student Council retreat. After family vacation we hope to get our school shopping done and squared away before I head to San Diego for Shari's birthday. Last year my mom paid for her girls to go to San Diego (well, take her anyway) but Wendy would not fly with us and mom couldnt drive that long of a drive so it ended up being me and mom flying to see Shari. We had a blast. We ate, we laughed, we cryed, we shopped, we trudged around old stomping grounds at Seaport Village and managed to keep mom dosed up on meds long enough to make it through it all. Unfortunatley she passed away Nov 11 but we have no regrets about that trip, in fact, we are making it a tradition. I am going to see Shari and we are painting her house... (we are both broke now that mom is gone so the shopping has hit a complete halt) I am so bummed that my mom cant fund my kids' back to school shopping or that I dont have her calling me every day needing something but I know she is much happier now that she isnt suffering. Miss you mom!
looks like fun family times!
ReplyDeleteI do read your blog!!! I just haven't checked it in awhile because I thought you really did give up on it. I loved having you here and I'm so happy we are making it a tradition. I have been missing her alot lately and am already sad to have my first official birthday with her gone.
ReplyDeleteOh by the way, this is Shari, not Sariah. Didn't realize I was logged in as her. Duh.
ReplyDelete