Saturday, May 30, 2009

This is my life right now....


Thats right, running, running, and more running. So far this week I have done.....28 miles. Wow that sounds like a lot but it was actually an easy week. I ran 3 different times on Thursday... 6am sprints, 2miles about 11am, then 4 miles that night... Why you say? Because that is what I will be doing on June 19th!! 5 miles at 8am, 8 miles at 4pm, and 5 miles the next day at 5am. 18 miles baby!! Bring it on!


I love/hate training. I love it because I can eat more, except soda. I love it because I feel great and feel like I look better, healthier. And I love it because I have a goal, something to work towards. And somehow when I am draggin my family and husband out at night to run, they want to run too!! I biggest dream is hoping that by being in shape my family will want to be in shape too!


I hate it because I can't drink soda or I feel like garbage. I hate it because it takes a lot of time and energy so my house is messy because I get lazy. I hate it because I am sore and my lower back cannot even bend over by the end of the day (thats why you see me in a wrap sometimes) and also why my slave children are picking up this and that for me. I hate it because famous runners like Karen Goucher are freaking running 20 miles a day and spending the nights with a massage therapist and I just cant compete with that! If I could have a massage therapist I could push myself harder but who has the money for that? Please note that all of the HATE things are actually good things. Its good to not drink soda, make my children slaves, and be sore once in a while....... better than getting out of breath taking one load of laundry up stairs because I never do anything at all..... I would rather be in shape, than not in shape.

4 comments:

  1. make those kids massage their mommy :) good luck with your race, that is seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. And you're so right...much better to be in shape than out. We're fighting the genetic code of death and you are winning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. One of these days I'll get around to changing your playlist.

    Not today of course

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are doing my running for me. At least I get my exercise thru you. Thanks!
    You're super awesome. I just drink the soda and devil may care the consequences!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete